Re: [DRI] PCI GART support on trunk

"Zephaniah E. Hull" wrote:

> > > I'm going to need a PPC box to build on, around 600M of drive space free
> > > and running sid if at all possible.
> >
> > You could use voltaire, or I or someone else could do the building until
> > you upload the source.
>
> Hmm, voltaire might just work, provided I can figure out how to use the
> unstable chroot.

AFAICS voltaire is running unstable anyway.

> What -mcpu option should I be using for the PPC packages?
>
> They seem to be suggesting 750, but I'm not sure why

The 750 is better known as G3, most machines with a Rage128 chip will have
that or better.

> nor what the rest of the Debian PPC packages are compiled with.

Probably without any -m switch so they run on all processors, AFAIK even code
compiled with -mcpu=750 should run (if not optimally) on most of them if not
all. Someone else would have to fill in the details.