Re: [DRI] PCI GART support on trunk

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:23:47PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:

> Yes, the branch has been merged in yesterday!
>

> This adds not only support for PCI Rage128 boards, but (more
> importantly ;) also PPC support!
>

> Zephaniah, us PPC folks would appreciate if you could update your DRI
> source packages sometime soon so that we can give them a whirl.

I'm going to need a PPC box to build on, around 600M of drive space free
and running sid if at all possible.

On a related note I could use access to a x86 machine with the same
specs, both would need a solid 'net connection.

(Sometime soon here I want to get the DRI packages building from cron,
checked and signed by me locally of course.)

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.

>OK, fine. You're arguing semantics, though.

"arguing semantics" is not the same as "arguing nomenclature".  My DI
was very good at arguing semantics. He had this funny idea  that an
"unloaded" weapon was one that you had personally inspected  and that
the semantic difference mattered. Something about not  wanting to do
the paperwork of one of us killed someone with an  unloaded weapon.
Most technical debates are ultimately about semantics,  but that
doesn't mean that they are unimportant.
  -- Shmuel Metz and Steve Sobol on ASR.