Re: [DRI] PCI GART support on trunk

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 03:14:08PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:

> [ removed linuxppc-dev from CC: as this is Debian specific ]
>
> "Zephaniah E. Hull" wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:23:47PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, the branch has been merged in yesterday!
> > >

> > > This adds not only support for PCI Rage128 boards, but (more
> > > importantly ;) also PPC support!
> > >

> > > Zephaniah, us PPC folks would appreciate if you could update your DRI
> > > source packages sometime soon so that we can give them a whirl.
> >
> > I'm going to need a PPC box to build on, around 600M of drive space free
> > and running sid if at all possible.
>
> You could use voltaire, or I or someone else could do the building until you
> upload the source.

Hmm, voltaire might just work, provided I can figure out how to use the
unstable chroot.

What -mcpu option should I be using for the PPC packages?

They seem to be suggesting 750, but I'm not sure why nor what the rest
of the Debian PPC packages are compiled with.

> > On a related note I could use access to a x86 machine with the same
> > specs, both would need a solid 'net connection.
>
> I'm sure there's another Debian machine which matches? :)

Actually, they are all running potato.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801