Re: new installation on 4400/200

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 03:26:10PM +0200, Bruno Waes wrote:

> [...]

You probably just need to download Stuffit Expander, which is freely
available, just search for it using google or something.  The .sit file is
a stuffit archive.

As far as what to do next, I would personally just use BootX.  True, you'll
have to leave a copy of MacOS on the machine, but for a firewall you
probably don't need all your disk space.  With BootX you don't need to mess
with Open Firmware, which makes things pretty easy.

I never installed Debian from scratch on my mac (since I installed LinuxPPC
originally), so I don't know much about the install CD's, but I do know
that BootX allows you to boot directly from MacOS into linux, either off
the CD or off the hard drive, which is pretty handy.

Good luck!
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/