Re: Airport support in 2.4.x kernel

Alan DuBoff wrote:

> Michel Lanners wrote:
>
> > Rememebr the fine options to ifconfig ;-) running 'ifconfig' without
> > options will only show you configured interfaces, not unconfigured ones.
> > Running 'ifconfig -a' will show _all_ interfaces.
>
> No, that was not it as I was using ifconfig -a to get all the interfaces.
> There was only 2 interfaces on the PowerBook at the time, eth0 and lo.

Michel,

My bad...I believe what I was doing was using iwconfig as I had first thought
it was the wireless replacement for ifconfig...upon a reboot, I do see the
airport listed with ifconfig (after the module is loaded), but it doesn't list
it with iwconfig with no options, only eth0 and lo.

If you do specify iwconfig airport, it lists out the info for the airport
module which is loaded...sorry for any confusion, I was merely confused
myself!<G>

Once the airport interface is enabled, iwconfig will show it in the list when
you don't enter any arguments. I do get a seg fault in iwconfig sometimes,
possibly when it cleans up and exits, but it doesn't appear to be a real
problem.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.