Re: Airport support in 2.4.x kernel

Michel Lanners wrote:

> Rememebr the fine options to ifconfig ;-) running 'ifconfig' without
> options will only show you configured interfaces, not unconfigured ones.
> Running 'ifconfig -a' will show _all_ interfaces.

No, that was not it as I was using ifconfig -a to get all the interfaces.
There was only 2 interfaces on the PowerBook at the time, eth0 and lo.

I think it had to do with how I loaded the airport module the first time
and/or using iwconfig to look at the settings. I'll play with it (the
PowerBook that is;-) and see if I can understand how it was set like that. I
am almost certain that I had loaded the airport module, but it didn't show up,
but the first time I don't think I passed the network_name and saw that in
Tuomas' message, but not certain about it.

It is working now, and I've been streaming audio over the wireless, which gave
me a slight chubby...although I already had a chubby from just getting the
wireless working at all!!!!<g>

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.