Re: netatalk causes kernel panic

At 01:09 -0900 3/17/2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 11:45:20PM -0600, Kevin van Haaren wrote:

> Now when I start netatalk it kernel panics. the first line of the panic is:
 > mojo kernel: Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc 0 lr c8111780
 > address 0 tsk atalkd/363
 >
> Everything else seems to work fine. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

best way is to disable atalkd and configure afpd to run in tcp/ip only
mode.
i have had this in my afpd.conf:

plato   -tcp  -noddp -nosetpassword -nouservol -noguest

which works quite nicely in standalone appletalk free setup.

didn't work. Now when I launch afpd i get a kernel panic. i'm recompiling another kernel to see if i can fix it.

kevin