Re: Airport support in 2.4.x kernel

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> Whee :) It's always nice to see replies like this!

It's always nice to send replies like that!;-)

> It is "airport", not eth0 or wavelan0. So you can "ifconfig airport blah
> blah"
> So how iwconfig works? Some examples:
> Yea. And I'm afraid there is no point of return :) It's very convenient to
> move to the lawn on summer instead of hacking inside.. The only sucking part
> is there is no wireless electricity :^)

I am so excited to send you the first message over my airport using the
wireless in the room next to my office...<G>

I agree it's too bad there is no wireless electricity, but OTOH, it's
certainly nice that the PowerBook lasts for about 5-6 hours on a battery,
unlike it's x86 counterparts that get about 1.5 hours...;-) I also have a
Pismo, and while not as nice as the TiPB, it's a great laptop and is very
powerful for what it is.

--

Alan DuBoff (coming at 'ya from 802.11 with a $#!T eatin' grin;-)
Software Orchestration, Inc.