Re: netatalk causes kernel panic

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 11:45:20PM -0600, Kevin van Haaren wrote:

> Now when I start netatalk it kernel panics.  the first line of the panic is:
> mojo kernel: Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc 0 lr c8111780
> address 0 tsk atalkd/363
>
> Everything else seems to work fine.  Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

best way is to disable atalkd and configure afpd to run in tcp/ip only
mode.

i have had this in my afpd.conf:

plato   -tcp  -noddp -nosetpassword -nouservol -noguest

which works quite nicely in standalone appletalk free setup.

appletalk sucks, get rid of it.  the atalkd daemon makes it suck even
worse, just start it and look at all the crap it constantly spews on
the network.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/