Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 09:35:10PM +0100, Michel Lanners wrote:
> > I have a 7300 that I have upgraded to a 2x604/200MHz SMP computer.
> >
> > Now I´m looking for a solution to my boot-problems.
> >
> > I have a little partition with this faked system-folder and I have BootX.
> > If I boot into MacOS and then start BootX to run linux, the second cpu
> > won´t run and I run a single cpu computer :-(

 With kernel 2.4.2, I can boot my quad CPU Daystar Mac clone from BootX and
run all four CPUs.  (I'm going to have to do something about that kernel,
since I've already had it lock up once.  I'm trying to get the machine set
up well enough to use it for my primary workstation, but I don't have enough
time to mess with it.  I'm glad it's not my hardware that caused the lockup,
but finding out that the PPC parts of Linus's tree are screwed is pretty bad
news in itself. :(

--
#define X(x,y) x##y