Re: fb-related kernel panic?

David Brown wrote:

> Look at the file VGA-softcursor.txt in the kernel source (I've attached it
> below).  You can change the cursor to whatever you want (well, whatever the
> code lets you).

That text is nice, but it contains the word 'VGA' too many times for us who
don't have a VGA console...

However, as I said, the cursor appearance can be easily changed either in
fbcon (for all fbdevs who don't have their own cursor drawing function - look
at drivers/video/fbcon.c, function fbcon_cursor, and
drivers/video/fbcon-cfb{8,16,24,32}.c, function fbcon_cfb{8,16,24,32}_revc) or
in the respective framebuffer device (by providing a driver-specific revc
function).

Michel

--
                        Press every key to continue.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS