Re: fb-related kernel panic?

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> > really the main thing i would like to fix with this silly framebuffer
> > (othe then the annoying resync on VC switches) is this big ugly
> > blinking block cursor.  its a blinking _ on sparcs just like the intel
> > VGA, so why not on ppc !
>
> Time for framebuffer.themes.org? 8^)
>
> Btw, should it change if you change the console font to something else? I
> dont know how that works but the kernel config has options for that (Select
> compiled-in console fonts or something like that, it might work) There is a
> sun font also to choose from the options if I remember correctly.

AFAIK that doesn't affect the cursor image. (It doesn't with pm2fb :)

But you can easily write a specific function (using the rectangle function(s))
which draws the cursor to make it look whatever you want it to - I guess
aty128fb uses the generic fbcon function.

Michel

--
Talk is cheap because the supply vastly exceeds the demand.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS