Re: xserver-xfree-4.0.1pre2.RC4-1 fbdev on powerbook

David Schleef wrote:

> > What PowerBook model do you have?
>
> er... I _think_ it is a firewire, or at least, that's what
> I was told.  I haven't been able to find a definite answer.
>
> /proc/cpuinfo:
> processor       : 0
> cpu             : 750
> temperature     : 0 C
> clock           : 400MHz
> revision        : 131.0
> bogomips        : 797.90
> zero pages      : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)
> machine         : PowerBook3,1
> motherboard     : PowerBook3,1 MacRISC Power Macintosh
> L2 cache        : 1024K unified
> memory          : 128MB
> pmac-generation : NewWorld

I have the same, so yes, it looks like you have a Pismo.

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
>         Driver          "fbdev"
> EndSection

Which framebuffer device do you use, aty128fb or OFfb? For the former, you
need to give a bus ID, probably

    BusID "PCI:0:16:0"

> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
>         HorizSync       30-130
>         VertRefresh     50-160
>         Option          "DPMS"
> EndSection

I have: HorizSync 30-64, VertRefresh 50-100 and no DPMS (AFAIK it's not
recommended for LCD displays).

The Screen Section might be interesting as well.

Hope this helps any,

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project