Re: pmud 0.7-1

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 08:32:05PM -0400 or thereabouts, Chad Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 05:02:23PM -0700, Sam Powers wrote:
> See the /etc/power/ directory (IIRC).

/etc/power/pwrctl to be more specific. There are functions for a few types of
machines, and then there is a case statement somewhere that tells what to do on
sleep, wakeup, etc.

which reminds me... I don't know if this happens to other people, but in the
default pwrctl file, it says to "ifconfig eth0 up" on wakeup or when AC power is
restored. This does not work on my PB3400, and I must change it to
"/etc/init.d/networking restart" so that it actually works.
> > also, is there any way to make wake from sleep a bit faster? it was pretty fast
> > when i tried it in macos x, way faster than macos, which is about on par with
> > using pmud.. of course, i know linux isn't macos x, and they obviously have
> > better docs than our kernel guys, but if it could possibly wake up faster, it'd
> > be nice to have.
> Golly.  My Lombard wakes in ~0.75 seconds.  How slow is slow?

My PB3400 is ~6 seconds, from the time I press something to wake it up to the
time I can actually do something.

I live the way I type; fast, with a lot of mistakes