Xpmac etc.

Hello all,

I'm new here and new to Debian - I like the package manager.  Anyway, I
need some help with an X problem.

I've installed potato on a Mac 6500 with 96 Mmegs of Ram, booting from
BootX (OF keeps freezing) using the precompiled kernel from the potato CD.

I went and got Xpmac.  It works!  Well sort of.  My mouse freezes in X,
but it works fine in gpm.  There is an older thread somewhere here saying
that new kernels don't support adb mice.  How come it works in gpm then? I
don't know where to begin to look for a fix for this - there is not a lot
of documentation on Xpmac.

I have /dev/mouse pointing to /dev/adbmouse, btw.

I've also checked out Ben H's page on kernels, and there is something
there about adb mice not working without some work around.  However, I
don't think this is my problem because my mouse works in gpm

Thanks

Paul

Paul Talacko
http://www.seditiousdiaries.com/