Re: Xpmac etc.

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 08:27:58PM +0100, Paul Talacko wrote:

> I went and got Xpmac.  It works!  Well sort of.  My mouse freezes in X,
> but it works fine in gpm.  There is an older thread somewhere here saying
> that new kernels don't support adb mice.  How come it works in gpm then? I
> don't know where to begin to look for a fix for this - there is not a lot
> of documentation on Xpmac.

Turn off gpm (/etc/init.d/gpm stop) and try X again.  X can't use the mouse
'cuz gpm is using it.  x86 (and ppc, using FBDev) get around this by using
/dev/gpmdata for a mouse device.  However Xpmac tries to use the device
directly.  I think anyways. :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/