Re: XFree86 4.0 binaries

Brendan J Simon wrote:

> > As Jack Howarths page says, mouse type should be "IMPS/2" still.
>
> Yes.  Setting the mouse option to "imps/2" works on my G4.  I thought the
> docs for Xfree86 4.0 said that PS/2 is not supported for Linux (or was that
> Linux98 ?).

I use "PS/2" on my Athlon without problems.

Also, IMPS/2 isn't exactly PS/2, but that doesn't matter here ;)

> I guess it doesn't matter too much at this stage but it is confusing when
> the required configuration options contradict the docs.

If they really do, please submit a bug report to XFree86.

> > > No, I assume you're already using aty128fb.
>
> I didn't have any video options set.  I set video=aty128fb in yaboot.conf
> but it doesn't make any difference.

You also need Option "UseFBDev" in XF86Config.

Michel

--
Hark! What rock through yonder window breaks?
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS