Re: XF68_FBDev and Powerbook (Mach64) acceleration

That's the one.  Linux seems to be running all right so far (minus sound support).  I did manage to get Xpmac working last night.  I was following the wrong instructions, which told me to delete X and replace it with a symbolic link.  I'm using the special Ben kernel, and I've installed LinuxPPC and Debian ontop of it.  With Xpmac, the mouse emulation is built into the X server and the Delete key is automatically mapped by somebody.  Plus, the XFree's don't like 24-bit colour.

For anyone's information, I got Xpmac working by doing the following:
1) download the Xpmac binary.  I got Xpmac_rage128_usb_rev9
2) throw it into /usr/bin/X11RC
3) make sure the sticky bit is set on X (if it's not, you'll get an error telling you to setuid root).  the command for that turned out to be "chmod ug+s X"
4) change /etc/X11/Xserver to point to Xpmac instead of the default.  Make sure that there are no trailing spaces on that line.  I kept the permission at "Console".
5) run startx (or xdm/gdm)