Re: lyx - klyx
- To: debian-powerpc list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: lyx - klyx
- From: Konstantinos Margaritis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:04:03 +0300 (EEST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, gilles Fenoll wrote:
> did anyone has the experience in compiling or install a kind of WYSIWYTTD
> textprogram, like lyx on a power PC distribution ??
lyx exists as a package for debian-powerpc. klyx is part of KDE, which
works (I've used KLyX myself) but is not yet packaged -at least
officially- for Debian.
if you don't mind doing all the compiling yourself, then you could get the
sources from here:
deb-src http://kde.tdyc.com potato kde contrib rkrusty kde2
(put that in your /etc/apt/sources.list)
and apt-get source everything you need. (I think klyx is not available as
a source package you will have to find that out yourself).
All that in case you want KLyX. I believe that you will find LyX to be
more robust in the end (and much more maintained).