Re: lyx - klyx

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, gilles Fenoll wrote:

> hi,
>  did anyone has the experience in  compiling or install a kind of WYSIWYTTD
> textprogram, like lyx on a power PC distribution ??

lyx exists as a package for debian-powerpc. klyx is part of KDE, which
works (I've used KLyX myself) but is not yet packaged -at least
officially- for Debian.

if you don't mind doing all the compiling yourself, then you could get the
sources from here:

deb-src http://kde.tdyc.com potato kde contrib rkrusty kde2

(put that in your /etc/apt/sources.list)

and apt-get source everything you need. (I think klyx is not available as
a source package you will have to find that out yourself).

All that in case you want KLyX. I believe that you will find LyX to be
more robust in the end (and much more maintained).

Konstantinos Margaritis