Re: New kernel packages available - PLEASE test!

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 04:08:47PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 05:09:00PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > err, maybe i misunderstood, but the kernel-image source package only contains
> > the patches, and will source depend on kernel-source-version to get the full
> > kernel.
>
> Ooops, you're right.
>
> I consider kernel-patch preferable to kernel-image, because it means
> that, for example, people can try to also apply kernel-patch-int or
> whatever it's called these days.

Sure, but kernel-package has been something buggy lately, ... It should be
fixed now though, ...

> > How do you solve the problem of kernel-package generated kernel-image being
> > refused because they don't have a source line in the control file ?
>
> They're marked as having Source: kernel-source-2.2.14 here... it's not
> 100% accurate, but it's close enough.

Ok, i had to hand generate the control files, because i did not understand how
you can do signed package with make-kpkg kernel-image. (i know it now, you
cannot, you have to do a build_all or whatever the rule was called).

> > > Console-data may be taken care of.  Joey Hess was working on it all of
> > > Monday.  I'm seeing right now if it builds.
> >
> > Last i checked it still didn't work on apus, will check it nextly.
>
> I didn't even try an APUS build.  Console stuff did install all right,
> though, and even the keymaps seem ok.

Err, ... i was not speaking about boot-floppies, but just the console-data
stuff, i think it has some problems still on apus when installing this
package, but then it may be solved, will look at it more deeply this weekend.

I still only have a the version from last week at home.

I will build the apus boot floppies myself, they don't yet build for you,
since you have to apply some patches (have to put them in the cvs version) and
you need a boot-floppies friendly amiga-fdisk.

Does someone know how to make multi binary arches (i want a version of
amiga-fdisk that is compiled against libreadline in amiga-fdisk, and one
compiled without it for the boot floppies in package amiga-fdisk-bf)

And no doc about that seems available anywhere, i didn't find anything in the
debhelper source either, but didn't look too long.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER