Re: New kernel packages available - PLEASE test!

> I did try kernel-image packages; I found that kernel-patch worked much
> better.  I've rewritten its rules almost from scratch.  If you really
> want to stick with kernel-image, I suppose that's OK, but there's no

I don't like dependencies, and kernel-patch is one extra to build the
images. The kernel-image packages is from the method the same as for
i386 and alpha. Without the dependencies we must not play with debhelper,
kernel-package and other possible buggy packages.

> real reason to have our own full kernel source in the archive when a

No, the kernel-image package is only debian/* with patches, the source
comes from Xu (the kernel-source-xxxxx.bz2).

> That's why I didn't upload them.  You haven't been around much, and I
> desperately needed 2.2.14 kernels.

I were on vacation the last week.

> Console-data may be taken care of.  Joey Hess was working on it all of
> Monday.  I'm seeing right now if it builds.

Ok, i saw the upload and it works for me.

Regards,

    Hartmut