Re: enlightenment_0.16.3-6.deb for ppc

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 09:19:22AM +0000, Sergio Brandano wrote:

> I think we should get back to what ``frozen'' means at this point.
 Please try to think about frozen not in relation of binary tree but in
relation of source tree. I did not check this but i'm sure that if you look
in the source tree of frozen you'll see correct version of enlightenment.
 All You have to do is to wait till autobuilder will make powerpc.deb if You
don't want to wait please build it for yourself.
 As of now all of us know, that there is inconsistency and noone wants/has
time to build/upload that particular package.
> It is properly the collection of all packages that will be released as
> Debian 2.2 in about two monts. As such, although there is no guarantee
> that it will not break on you, it is supposed to be far more stable
 I believe that when frozen will change to stable there will be no such
situations as it is now with enlightenment. Frozen phase is just for solving
such situations.
> Therefore, if a certain maintainer uploads a certain package
> (enlightenment, for example) in ``frozen'', we all assume that
>  1. we can install it (!)
>  2. we can run it (even if it may still crash at some point).
>
>  As enlighenment can not even be installed, then I ask for the last
>  time to PLEASE!!! put back the 0.16.3-6 version of enlighenment in
>  ``frozen''. I remind that perl has the same problem...
 You can always force installation.

--
 Robert Ramiega  | robert@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 UIN: 13201047   | http://www.plukwa.net/         | the power of Source