Wrong filesystem for resc1440.bin

Hello Nathan,

It worked! The Debian installer started as you said it would do. But, when
it comes to the section: "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules", the
dbootstrap is unable to mount the Rescue Floppy.
The error message I get is:

Mount /dev/loop0 (type ext2) on /floppy: wrong filesystem type, or bad
superblock on/dev/loop0
Unable to mount the Rescue Floppy.

It seems like the dbootstrap program assume that the Rescue Floppy has an
ext2 filesystem. I tried to mount the resc1440.bin file with:

mount -o loop resc1440.bin /instmnt

and, the Rescue Floppy was mounted as msdos filesystem. Is this correct?
However, to go on with the installation I will try to convert the Rescue
Floppy to ext2 filesystem, as dbootstrap wants to have it that way. Has
anyone any better idea?

BTW, it's a Power Macintosh 8600/250.

Please answer me directly at christian.ericsson@bigfoot.com (I'm not
currently subscriber of this mailing list!)

CH