Re: Default kernel for powerpc may change

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 12:47:31AM -0700, Cort Dougan wrote:
> I'm having rs/6000 and pmac troubles with 2.2.14.

Based on some public/private feedback, it seems it might be wiser to
stick with a patched 2.2.12 for now, perhaps 2.2.13 but we'd have to get
some detailed pmac feedback so we can get any needed patches into the
kernel-patch package.  With the freeze pushed off, we may have something
better a couple revs down the road...we'll just play the waiting game I
suppose.

Right now we don't have support in boot-floppies for multiple kernel revs
for different subarchs but it could be added if we can't find a common
ground.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com