Re: Debian/PPC

> Hmm... OK, but I've actually had pretty good luck compiling them (at least I
> was until dselect took me up to gcc 2.95.1 and binutils broke.

It differs very much if you build a package on your own machine or by the
auto-compiler. Often the package builds cleanly for the maintainer but fails
horrible for the build-daemon. The buildd builds always from startup (dpkg-source -x,
dpkg-buildpackage -B -rsudo, ... ), the maintainer do only a dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo.
So he isn't aware of un-packing bugs.

> So I just need to register with debian and then I can build

It is easier if you are a debian maintainer. But i don't know if we add new maintainer
currently.

> Odd that so many of them have built for me then... some fixes must recently
> have gone in.

Total 91 package(s) to build now  :-)  But i have also ~100 bad packages. Not all
are bad, the mirror on the buildd host has a Packages.gz problem, so he cannot install
all files to fulfill the dependencies.

> Hmm... I whould hope that after release the 'stable' branch wouldn't get
> changed often enough for it to matter anymore.

Stable updates are security updates.

Greetings,

      Hartmut