Re: Debian/PPC

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I was not asking for access to a
PPC. I'm not a developer, though I may become one in the future once I'm all
settled and sufficiently familiar with Debian conventions not to do anything
stupid. I was saying that some sort of mechanism to distribute source packages
for compilation on various ports is referred to in the powerpc page, in
particular:

--- from www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/ ---

The PowerPC port began in 1997 at the German Linux Congress in Würzburg. A
PowerPC machine (Motorola StarMax 4000, 200 MHz 604e) was
donated to the Debian project and it is hosted at the home from Martin "Joey"
Schulze.

This machine is still in use by many Debian developers, and is used to create
Debian packages for all new source files with the help from an
Auto-Builder program package.

Additional information about this computer is available from the history page.

---

I was wondering how / offering to build PPC binary packages from source
packages that are new or updated, since the PPC binaries seem to be (at least
sometimes) dated. I don't know what kind of scheme is used to track such
rebuilds, or if additional CPU juice is really needed (maybe I just caught the
system in a backlog and it is not normally the case that things like xfree,
glibc, etc are dated by several versions, or mixed versions in in
multi-package offerings like xfree (in the case of xfree, it appears that
parts of 3.3.4 are built(fonts), but other parts of X11 are at
3.3.3.1(xserver), and things like xclients are still from 3.3.2, though that
one is outdated in both the source and binaries).