Re: Debian/PPC

> I was wondering how / offering to build PPC binary packages from source
> packages that are new or updated, since the PPC binaries seem to be (at least
> sometimes) dated. I don't know what kind of scheme is used to track such
> rebuilds, or if additional CPU juice is really needed (maybe I just caught the
> system in a backlog and it is not normally the case that things like xfree,
> glibc, etc are dated by several versions, or mixed versions in in
> multi-package offerings like xfree (in the case of xfree, it appears that
> parts of 3.3.4 are built(fonts), but other parts of X11 are at
> 3.3.3.1(xserver), and things like xclients are still from 3.3.2, though that
> one is outdated in both the source and binaries).

Outdated packages are bad packages with compiler or packing errors. The xfree
package is one of it (it fails for mach64 and two header files that are at
the wrong place).

At monday i started a re-compile of old and bad packages (more then 300 were in the backlog;
currently 201 'source' packages).

Two or three packages need some assembler routines.

Network header files are somewhat broken (try netbase for an example).

The rest are dependency problems, packing problems and not available packages.

Bye,

    Hartmut