Re: i just compiled gtk1.1.5 and glib1.1.5 packages.

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 01:52:29PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 04:03:39PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 05:54:22PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > > a directory who was not correctly named as packagename-version. i think this is
> > > because the upstream maintainer changed the package name without changing the
> > > .orig.tar.gz. i guess i should fill a bug against the package.
> >
> > That should not make a difference.  The whole point is you never change
> > the .orig.tar.gz.
>
> yes, but it is impossible to build the packages from the .orig.tar.gz, i just
> filled a bug against this. the directory in the tarball is glib-1.1.5, but the
> package is named glib1.1.5, so it should be glib1.1.5-1.1.5

No, dpkg-source completely ignores the directory name.  If dbuild is
not using dpkg-source, dbuild is broken.

> > I believe we're talking about different dbuilds, but I could be
> > wrong...
>
> the dbuild from the dbuild.deb package ?

I think, same dbuild, but I meant wanna-build from James.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |