Re: i just compiled gtk1.1.5 and glib1.1.5 packages.

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 05:54:22PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> actually this was the first package i ever uploaded ... hope i did things right
> (i followed the documetnation found in the developpper corner web page, or at
>  least some of it ..)

Looks right from what I can see.

> ok i did the packages because i needed them, and also to test all of this,
> dbild, how to upload packages and so on ...
>
> actually the package is not broken, it is only that the .orig.tar.gz contained
> a directory who was not correctly named as packagename-version. i think this is
> because the upstream maintainer changed the package name without changing the
> .orig.tar.gz. i guess i should fill a bug against the package.

That should not make a difference.  The whole point is you never change
the .orig.tar.gz.

> > > Also i was said there is a place where we can make reservation for compiling
> > > not yet available for powerpc packages ? where is it ? how do i use it ?
> >
> > Not really, yet, but there may be soon - courtesy of dbuild which I
> > still don't know how to use.
>
> nice, ...
>
> as for dbuild, i played with it a lot this weekend before being able to use it
>
> it goes like this :
>
> dbuild -v -p -r sudo(or whatever) package.dsc
>
> and it builds the package ...
>
> but first you have to put your pgp passphrase into the PGPPASS variable, not
> the nicest thing around ...

I believe we're talking about different dbuilds, but I could be
wrong...

> how do you actually use pgp ? there are two packages, pgp-i and pgp-us. both
> providing executables like their name, but no pgp binary. i had to do a symlink
> to one of them ...

The postinst should create the symlink.  If it doesn't, you may  have a
broken /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives directory, courtesy of one of
Hartmut's broken base tarballs.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |