Re: i just compiled gtk1.1.5 and glib1.1.5 packages.

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 11:22:05AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 10:06:09AM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Hello, ...
> >
> > This weekend i compiled both the libglib1.1.5 and libgtk1.1.5 packages for
> > powerpc.
> >
> > i have them here now, what do i do with them, do i just upload them to
> > incoming ? incoming where ?
>
> On master, the same as any other package.

actually this was the first package i ever uploaded ... hope i did things right
(i followed the documetnation found in the developpper corner web page, or at
 least some of it ..)

> > Also there was some problem with the libglib1.1.5 source package, since the
> > .orig.tar.gz tarball contained glib-1.1.5, and no glib1.1.5-1.1.5 as expected
> > by the .dsc file, so i had to fix it by hand. i will fill a bug against it. Is
> > it ok to upload the package ?
>
> As a rule it is best to let the maintainer fix it first and then
> upload.

ok i did the packages because i needed them, and also to test all of this,
dbild, how to upload packages and so on ...

actually the package is not broken, it is only that the .orig.tar.gz contained
a directory who was not correctly named as packagename-version. i think this is
because the upstream maintainer changed the package name without changing the
.orig.tar.gz. i guess i should fill a bug against the package.

> > Also i was said there is a place where we can make reservation for compiling
> > not yet available for powerpc packages ? where is it ? how do i use it ?
>
> Not really, yet, but there may be soon - courtesy of dbuild which I
> still don't know how to use.

nice, ...

as for dbuild, i played with it a lot this weekend before being able to use it

it goes like this :

dbuild -v -p -r sudo(or whatever) package.dsc

and it builds the package ...

but first you have to put your pgp passphrase into the PGPPASS variable, not
the nicest thing around ...

how do you actually use pgp ? there are two packages, pgp-i and pgp-us. both
providing executables like their name, but no pgp binary. i had to do a symlink
to one of them ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER