Re: Debian Menu policy leads to confusion

Linas Žvirblis <0x0007@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't think we should exclude them from Apps/Science without bothering
>> to provide an alternative (they would end up in misc, wouldn't they?).
>> So either we create Apps/Science/humanities, or we change the
>> description of the Science section so that social sciences and
>> humanities are allowed in.
>
> I did intend to allow them in Science, sorry for not being clear. I am
> not sure what the description should be though.

Section:	Apps/Science
Example apps:	ncbi-epcr, earth3d, therion

"Programs for Science, natural and other"

or simply "Scientific Programs".

After a quick search, I found one linguistic program that claims to have
a Tcl/Tk interface, malaga-bin, but in fact nothing like this is included.

>> BTW, linguistics isn't really a natural science, but there's of course
>> lots of software involved.
>
> Could you provide some example packages? I did not manage to locate
> any that would not fit either into Science or Text.

Science is fine, as long as it's not restricted to natural sciences.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich