Re: Debian Menu policy leads to confusion

Hi Linas, hi Bill,

> [M]
> Section:	Apps/Science
> Example apps:	ncbi-epcr, earth3d, therion

It seems "Science" here has the meaning "natural sciences", I guess
that's usual in english.  But how about pieces of software for social
sciences or humanities (I don't know of any, because I'm a biochemist,
but for sure there are some)?

And I also don't see a good place for tools used by scientists that are
not scientific software proper: most notably bibliography stuff.  Should
this go to Office?

If we would split up Apps/Science into Apps/Science/{natural,social and
humanities}, we could also add Apps/Science/Tools for bibliography
things and such.

And, maybe related but not strictly connected to Science, how about
"Software to visualize processes and structures", like mind mapping?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich