Re: docs, docs, and more docs(names of packages and location of files)

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 02:06:35AM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> If you could (a) convert this into a proper policy change proposal,
See my notes below.

> (b) fix the /usr/share/foo where you meant /usr/share/doc/foo,
Yes, of course it was meant to read /usr/share/doc/foo

> and (c)
> describe what goes in /usr/share/doc/foo-doc (just changelog and
> README.Debian pointing to /usr/share/doc/foo?),
That would be fine with me.  But do we really need to
regulate this?

> I would be willing to secondary the proposal...
Fine :-)

Regaring a "policy change proposal": wasn't it the way, that policy
should document current practice?  At the moment there are a lot
of packages which put their documenation into /usr/share/doc/foo-doc.
So maybe that should not be policy, but something different (some
kind of a recommendation)?

What do you think,
Jochen
--