Re: docs, docs, and more docs(names of packages and location of files)

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:45:35PM +0100, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> > If you could (a) convert this into a proper policy change proposal,
> > (b) fix the /usr/share/foo where you meant /usr/share/doc/foo, and (c)
> > describe what goes in /usr/share/doc/foo-doc (just changelog and
> > README.Debian pointing to /usr/share/doc/foo?), I would be willing to
> > secondary the proposal...
>
> If the -doc comes from the same source pkg, is it ok to just symlink
> foo-doc to the foo directory? I think it should.

Only if there's a strict Depends: on it, but there isn't one, for reasons
described earlier. Otherwise, you ship a package without a copyright file
and without any strong reason for the symlink to be there.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.