Re: RFD: Essential packages, /, and /usr

> 	The policy explicitly mentions that set -e is to be used. Have
>  we collectively taken leave of common sense?

No, it mentions that set -e SHOULD be used in some cases.  The fact that
it mentions /bin/sh in context with 'set -e' might be a bit confusing,
but I don't think that that overrides the declaration that #!/bin/sh
scripts MUST not use set -e.

> 	For the former. For the latter, if it really confuses soemone
>  whether set -e is to be used or not, I suggest they stop
>  being a developer and take up some other hobby, like being a lawyer.

There's no confusion.  set -e is expressly forbidden.  Perhaps those
persons who prefer forbidding something while claiming that common
sense allows it, to achieving some sort of consistency, should
become lawyers or perhaps government officials.