Re: init.d scripts and LSB

According to Grant Bowman:
> * Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> [020507 09:07]:
> > If your package is a .lsb package, then it should follow the LSB.
> > However, it appears your package is a .deb package, so why should
> > it follow the LSB?
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> We had this discussion already and you didn't answer my last post in
> January.  I have read a different interpretation of the LSB
> specification than you have.  Any comment?

No. Perhaps our interpretations are different. So be it. I just
happen to think that my interpretation is the right one.

For example, for LSB compliance, you need to link against glibc-2.0.x.
How can a native woody package *ever* be compliant ? It can't,
and it isn't supposed to be. Same story with the init scripts.

Mike.