Re: init.d scripts and LSB

In article <[🔎] 20020506031609.GA18981@eye-net.com.au>,
Craig Small <csmall@eye-net.com.au> wrote:
>Hello,
>  I have got bug #138251 which talks about the init.d script and how it
>is missing some nices things etc.
>
>Should Debian scripts be following the LSB and if so, why doesn't the
>policy either mention the LSB or have the same standards?

If your package is a .lsb package, then it should follow the LSB.
However, it appears your package is a .deb package, so why should
it follow the LSB?

If the LSB says that lprng SHOULD be installed and that the
/etc/init.d/lprng script MUST follow LSB standards in that case,
the lprng would be an interface to the LSB and yes, in that
case the bug would be right.

But that ofcourse is not the case.

Only .lsb packages have to abide by the LSB, .deb packages have
to abide by Debian policy.

>I'm not on debian-policy, so please CC me.

That is a bit hard, since I'm posting this on a local mail2news
system. I'll try but the message-ids etc will be messed
up, even if you do get the Cc:

Mike.