Re: Policy rewrite: chaps 7-10

Previously Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Agreed.  I presume that ldconfig exists on all systems, though.

All systems Debian currently runs on anyway. I kind of expect that to
change at some point though.

> Please explain; I don't know what you mean here.

I'll have to get back to you on that :)

> Are we going to follow the LSB for runlevels?  Is there anything else
> we should be following it for?  This should definitely be a separate
> proposal.

I certainly hope we are going to follow it: Debian is in an excellent
position to be a demonstration LSB complient system, and I would hate
to miss that opportunity.

LSB isn't finished yet though, and I expect more changes to changes
to be needed at some point. People interesting in policy should definitely
try to keep up with LSB as well

> But it makes no sense to force-reload or stop or restart checkfs.sh.

> What about /etc/rcS.d/S40networking?  Or /etc/rc[2-5].d/S99rmnologin?
> These two cases show that it's pretty close, but not quite all the way
> there.

networking should move out of rcS.d, since LSB specifies runlevels
without networking which is impossible of networking is in /etc/rcS.d .

> But should force-reload be a "must"?

I would say so.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |