Re: Package documentation

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 08:07:56AM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

> As such, I would not like to see a MUST added to policy for updating upstream docs.

I think it should atleast say "Some of the locations and features depend
on how the program was compiled and installed". This is what it says in
passwd and login program manpages.

IMO, it should say "packages SHOULD change the docs to match the package
setup", and "there MUST be a disclaimer when docs do not match the
package", and "the disclaimer SHOULD be in the upstream doc itself, or in
a the README.Debian if not".

Ben