Re: Package documentation

    >> I think that all documentation must reflect the Debian
    >> locations of configuration and other files, and that manpages
    >> and the like should be altered as necessary to achieve this.
    >> =20 Comments?

    Henrique> I've seen many manpages in Debian altered to do exactly
    Henrique> what you describe.  Actually, I've seen upstream code
    Henrique> that automatically does this when properly configured.

    Henrique> I wonder if anyone ever refused doing such a change?

I suspect I will be in the position of doing so fairly shortly.  The
Openafs admin guide is distributed as PDF and HTML.  Neither of those
are reasonable source formats and while the license would allow me to
change them, I will probably not do so.  I am especially not
interested in hacking the contents of a PDF.

I consider the lack of reasonable documentation sources an upstream
bug and have pointed it out to upstream, which cannot easily fix it.

Instead I will try to have a very clear warning in the appropriate
READMEs and potentially in a package level index.html.

As such, I would not like to see a MUST added to policy for updating upstream docs.