Re: Package documentation

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:43:21AM -0300, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> I wonder if anyone ever refused doing such a change?

That would be a reason *not* to put it in policy, at least until we
consider the reasons for such a refusal.  Policy is supposed to
encode the things we do agree on.

> I have doubts we need to add such to policy...  Maybe mentioning "make sure
> you update the location of files in the documentation you are packaging" in
> the packaging-guide (if it's not there already, that is) as a remider would
> be enough?

Such a reminder would be useful.  It's something a maintainer might
not think of when writing a rules file.  And I think it should go in
policy.   Surely it is our policy to have documentation point to the
correct files?

Richard Braakman