Re: Directing Debian users to use project BTSes - should we?

> > The idea of "if it's a bug in the software -> upstream, if it's Debian
> > packaging -> Debian BTS" it's wrong and users shouldn't be told that.
> Agreed.  I don't advocate this.
> Do we really need a change of policy for this?  And how do we handle
> cases where it is appropriate to encourage users to deal directly with
> the upstream developers?

 It's probably a good idea, in this and other cases. To have the things we
all know and agree, probably as a guideline... "Here, at Debian, we think
this:", as stating official positions...
 Well... now we need somebody who cares enough and has English writing
skills to make a proposal.. (I myself lack the latter...) =)