Re: Directing Debian users to use project BTSes - should we?

> Users of Debian packages should be encouraged to file bug reports with the
> BTS directly unless they can be absolutely sure it is an upstream bug. How
> many of those users have the time and expertise to read/grep thousands of
> lines of source code and make such a decision?

 No, all bugs should be reported to Debian (with the exception of a few very
actively developed - alpha/beta quality packages like mozilla).
 The maintainer often knows the package better than the user, and it can
make a better bug report, often summarizing many user reports he has
received.