Re: Directing Debian users to use project BTSes - should we?

>>"Brian" == Brian Mays <brian@debian.org> writes:

 Brian> I don't think that we should be in the business of telling
 Brian> anyone where they should submit their bug reports.  If the
 Brian> user wishes to deal with the upstream developers directly,
 Brian> that is his or her prerogative.

	So you agree that we should not be fobbing of users to go to
 the upstream and don't bother us with your petty little problems?

	One of the services the we provide to the community is that we
 can filter the problem reports, and often offer solutions to simple
 problems, FAQ's, and not have these bother the upstream authors,

	If the maintainers do not have time to deal with reports on
 their packages, perhaps they need to lighten their load a trifle and
 orphan some packages?

	manoj
--
> 1. is qmail as secure as they say?  Depends on what they were
saying, but most likely yes.  -- Seen on debian-devel