Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

> 	Are you, perchance, advocating we keep several (potentially
>  several thousand) copies of the GPL on every Debian machine out there
>  on the off chance that the end user (despite pointers in the
>  copyright file) is unable to get a copy of the GPL? Would it really
>  matter, given this end users isolation from the network?

I think nobody is suggesting this.  As has been pointed out, that
would be superfluous.  We could easily tweak dpkg to allow many
packages to own the same identical file, for example, or use a symlink
hack.  Several decent technical solutions have been thought of, which
would allow for distributing the GPL in each such .deb but not
requiring installation of that many copies on a normal Debian system.

Thomas