Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

>>"Thomas" == Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

 Thomas> One way that it certainly matters is that nobody at GNU advertises
 Thomas> individual binaries on ftp.gnu.org in that way for download.

 Thomas> Debian advertises individual .debs for download in many contexts.

	I am not sure I agree with this statement.

 Thomas> This is an important difference.  It's not the whole story, but it's
 Thomas> part of it.

	This is news to me. Given that the GPL does not mention this
 important advertizing distinction, who is it exactly that is
 assigning pririties to this extra-licence issues, and where can we
 get an authoritative list of additional constraints and guidelines to
 using the GPL?

 Young men want to be faithful and are not; old men want to be
 faithless and cannot. Oscar Wilde