Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

> >>"Thomas" == Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
>
>  Thomas> Nothing, but it has a lot to do with the distribution of .debs.  If we
>  Thomas> prohibited non-Debian-users people from using our dowload sites, then
>  Thomas> there would probably be no issue here.
>
> 	Strawman. Tell me how your argument differes from me
>  downloading ftp://ftp.gnu.org/bin/ls and not getting the GPL.

One way that it certainly matters is that nobody at GNU advertises
individual binaries on ftp.gnu.org in that way for download.

Debian advertises individual .debs for download in many contexts.

This is an important difference.  It's not the whole story, but it's
part of it.