Re: Updating policy

Josip Rodin wrote:
> Oh, good! That means we need special arrangements only for other libs, those
> that didn't use dh_shlibdeps in potato. I wonder what's the easiest way to
> find them... grepping Lintian lab?

I'd grep debian/rules files for uncommented calls to dh_shlibdeps. If
debian/rules is in the lab, sure, if not, see
http://kitenet.net/programs/debhelper/stats/debhelper-count

This could conceivably have false negatives though (if a source package uses
dh_shlibdeps for some other binary package, but not the library it generates).

It's also quite possible other packages that are not built with
debhelper already run dpkg-shlibdeps on shared libraries on their own.

--
see shy jo