Re: Custom undocumented(7)s are just as bad.

On 28 Jan 2000 at 17:46, Manoj Srivastava wrote about "Re: Custom...":

>         Maybe we need to open new maintainer to get more people in to
>  take the weight off these over worked maintainers?

I think it should be opened for numerous reasons, with the above being
only one of them.

If Debian is an open-source organization and builds itself on
volunteers, then why would you close the doors on new volunteers?

If you cannot HANDLE the acceptance of new volunteers, (I'm speaking of
the routine of acceptance) then maybe those handling it should hand over
that part of the job to somebody else who is willing to run the process of
accepting new volunteers (a.k.a maintainers).

It just seems that non-acceptance of new maintainers runs against the
whole idea of Debian.

And yes, the reason quoted above is just one of them -- but it should not
be THE reason.

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org