Re: policy summary

On undocumented(7):

As I remember it from Ol Times (at the time I was one of the mandators that
debian should include manual *sources* instead of catmans :) the purpose of
undocumented(7) was to signal that a package had no documentation *at all*.

If a package had other documentation, say in info or html, then a short
manpage should be written with a link to where the documentation is.

IMHO this remains the best solution, in paticularly now when dhelp and
friends know how to make proper links (which was not the case back in late
1993 :)

What we could do (and I'll be happy to assist) is write some skeleton
manpages pointing to /usr/share/info/<package>,
/usr/share/doc/<package>/html, etc.

Best,
	Kristoffer
--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, phd, prof.associé  <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~krisrose>
addr. LIP, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, 46 Allée d'Italie, F-69364 Lyon 7